Controller & Data Protection Officer
The Controller of your personal data is Hyer® Aviation, registered office in Eindhoven, The Netherlands under the Chamber of Commerce number 80195520.
What personal data do we collect?
We only use your information where you've given us your consent, where it’s necessary to deliver the services you've requested, where it’s necessary to exercise or comply with legal rights or obligations, or for normal business purposes of the kind set out in this policy. We collect personal data from your interactions with us, such as when you engage with our platforms, attend a Hyer® event, or when you email or phone us.
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- The name and contact details that you provide at the time of enquiring, when you register as a user of our platform, when you register as a user of our membership programs and when you complete forms on our website.
- Your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us.
- Your browser or device information.
- Your payment and address details.
- Information you provide when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes such as analyses of the demand for new flight routes or to improve our services.
- Information about your use of our websites and apps.
- Your communications with us, including when you report a problem with our site or when you submit a complaint.
- Information about your invitations and attendance at events organised by Hyer®.
- Passport information and residence permit status (if applicable) when you confirm a booking.
What personal data do we receive from third parties?
We might receive your personal data from third parties, such as the following:
- IT systems and software tell us how you engage with our platforms.
- Data specialists or IT systems suppliers provide us with insights about the users on our platform, based on their own aggregated data sets.
- You may have asked someone to book or to make an enquiry on your behalf.
- Government and law enforcement authorities may provide us with personal identification and background information when they are involved in official inquiries.
When do we collect your personal data?
A- When you visit our platform and apps.
When you visit our platform, even if you don't make an enquiry, we will automatically collect certain information such as your IP address, operating system details, browser details, referrer website and website activity. This information is collected anonymously and may not be connected to your personal information.
If you are using a mobile device, we may collect data that identifies your mobile device, location details and any specific settings.
B- When you enquire or book a charter flight, a shared-flight or a membership package.
When you request information or quote or book a charter flight, when you inquire or book additional services, when you request information or quote or book a seat on shared-flight, or when you request information or book a membership package, you will be required to provide us with certain information including your contact and payment details. We will use your information to check with you if you want to complete the booking, re-book or enquire or need further assistance with your flight.
C- When you supply other people’s data.
If you are travelling with other people or booking a flight or other additional services for other people we will require some personal data about them for example their name, date of birth and passport information. It is your responsibility to ensure that anyone who you have provided personal data about is aware and happy that you have done so and is aware of how we use and process their information.
D- When you request to receive our email newsletter, participate in a poll or survey.
We collect your email address, name and the platform or app you requested our newsletter from and the information you have requested. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time using the unsubscribe link on any email.
E- When you exchange correspondence with us.
We collect your email address or address (if available), name, phone number (if available), workplace (if available when you use a corporate email), when you exchange correspondence with us including via email, online chatbox, message apps (such as WhatsApp), postal mail or via phone calls.
F- When you participate in an event organised by us.
We collect your name, email, phone and any additional information required (such as preferred services or preferred travel destination) when you confirm or attend an event that is organised by us.
G- When supplied by an aircraft operator.
If the aircraft operator provides us with personal data regarding their staff or crew then it is the operator’s responsibility to ensure that anyone who which their data has been provided is aware and happy that the operator has done so and is aware of how we use and process their information.
H- When you apply for a job at Hyer®.
If you apply for a job at Hyer® we will collect, use and store your personal data concerning your application. We will use the data on your subsequent career inside our company.
How do we use your personal data?
We process your personal data when necessary to pursue our legitimate interests as for the following:
- Flight charter enquiry, booking and flight process: We will use your personal data to provide you with the services that we sell, which may include flights and additional products. We need certain information about you, so we can fulfil our obligations contained in the contract that you enter into with us when you book a flight or additional services.
- User accounts: When you set up an account on our platform your provided information allows us to provide you with services such as your ability to manage your bookings and personal settings.
- To communicate with you concerning your enquiry or booking: We will use the contact information you have previously shared with us to communicate with you concerning your flight enquiry or booking and to provide you with information relevant to your enquiry.
- Customer services: We will use the information that you have provided via email, phone, message apps or through our platform to help us answer any questions and respond to your query (along with any future enquiries that you may have).
- Personalisation: We will use the information we have about you, such as the services you have purchased from us in the past, to enable us to show you the services we think you will like on our platform and communicate these with you.
- Payment: We will check the credit or debit card details you provide (to process your payments and prevent fraudulent transactions).
- Marketing: If you have opted in to receive marketing communications, we may contact you with information about other services that we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and we think may interest you based on the information we hold about you. We may also use your contact details to contact you by phone or post with details of products and services that we think may be of interest to you (unless you have told us you don't want to receive these communications).
- Corporate transaction: We may use your data in connection with a corporate transaction such as the sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation or asset sale.
- Promotional activities or researches: If you participate in our promotions or deals (such as surveys) we will use the information you provide to administer these activities.
- Recruitment and employment: If you apply for a job at Hyer® we will retain your data throughout the recruitment process. If you are successful and are offered a role at Hyer® we will hold your data following staff contracts.
- Contract: We process your personal data when necessary for contractual reasons, such as to administer your account registration and to provide products and services that you have requested.
- Improving our services and our systems: Sometimes we will use your data to help us improve the quality and functionality of the services that we offer. This includes:
- Analysing your recent visits to our website and app and how you move around different sections of the platform for analytics purposes to understand users interact with our website so that we can make it more efficient and easy to use.
- Troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and for statistical and survey purposes by us, to support us enhance our systems and improve our services.
- In some circumstances, we may send data about our platform users in aggregate, anonymised or pseudonymised form to third parties for them to provide these services to us.
- Legal requirement and vital interests: In some cases, we will have a legal obligation to collect personal data from you (for example to comply with local customs regulations) which may require us to collect and retain records of products and services that we sell.
- To obtain permission for special Flights: We process your personal data and share them with governments in case of special flights that require government support, such as repatriation or evacuation flights.
Where will your data be processed?
Any information that we hold about you is stored on our secure servers and all payment transactions are encrypted. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work. Whilst we do our best to protect your personal data, no information transferred over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure and you provide your information at your own risk.
Where possible we retain and store your data within the European Economic Area ("EEA"). However, data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA, including where we transfer your data to our suppliers so that they can provide services to you.
Where your personal data is transferred to a country outside of the EEA and that country is not subject to an EU adequacy decision, we will ensure your data is protected by appropriate safeguards (for example, EU approved standard contractual clauses, a Privacy Shield certification such as the EU-US Privacy Shield, or a supplier’s Binding Corporate Rules).
When do we share your data with third parties?
Hyer® does not sell or rent your data to third parties. However as part of our business processes and service provided to you, there are situations in which we must share your personal data with third parties, these can include:
- Aircraft operators and other suppliers: If you charter a flight, book a seat or purchase additional services with us, we must share your data with relevant third parties to complete your booking. This may include your name, contact details, the names and ages of anyone travelling with you, along with any preferences or special circumstances you told us about when you made your booking.
- Third-party service providers: This includes anyone who provides services or functions on our behalf, including business administration, accounting (including payment processing), marketing, customer feedback, analytical, legal compliance, quality assurance or technical development. Our technology providers and developers may use your data to fix website issues or develop new features to improve our platform. We use these service providers to process your data on our behalf. They have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. Where we provide data to third-party service providers for them to provide data analysis or statistical services for us, we will only ever send them aggregated, anonymised or pseudonymised data.
- Payment providers and other financial institutions: If you request a chargeback for your booking, it may be necessary for us to share booking details with the payment service provider and the relevant financial institution, so they can handle the chargeback. This may include a copy of your booking confirmation or the IP address that was used to make your reservation.
- Legal entities: We may be required to disclose your data to third parties, such as official bodies and authorities to comply with relevant laws, orders or regulations, to enforce our terms and conditions or contractual agreements, or to protect our rights.
- Business restructuring (and any agents and advisers): In connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal data only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice.
How long we retain personal data?
We retain personal data about your usage of our platform for as long as your account remains active, and for 5 years after (in case you decide to reactivate your account or have queries about it).
We retain personal data relating to your bookings for 5 years from the date of the relevant transaction. This is to understand your booking preferences and to meet our legal and contractual obligations.
Where you have asked us not to send you direct marketing, we keep a record of that fact to ensure we respect your request in future.
We also retain information with the potential to give rise to legal disputes for 5 years from the expiry or termination of any contracts.
What are your other personal data rights?
You have the following rights concerning the personal data that we hold about you:
- For access to information about your personal data or for a copy of your personal data.
- To correct or delete your personal data.
- To restrict (i.e. stop any active) processing of your personal data.
- To provide you with certain personal data in a structured format and to transmit that data to another organisation.
To exercise any of your rights below, please contact us. We will respond to all requests received from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights under applicable data protection laws. These rights may not always apply, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have a compelling legitimate interest in keeping.
In order to deliver our services (except marketing propose), you must agree that we process and store your personal data. In case you choose to request us to stop processing your personal data, your access to our platform and services will be suspended and we will not be able to deliver any of our services to you.
If you have given us consent to contact you for marketing purposes, we will rely on this when contacting you with marketing information. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any by using the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of email newsletters that we send to you.
Except for the consent for marketing propose, your consent to process your personal information when using our platform or services is necessary in order for you to have access to our services and platforms. In case you choose to request us to stop processing your personal data, or you withdraw your consent, your access to our platform and services will be terminated and we will not be able to deliver any of our services to you.
Children’s personal data
Our platform is not intended to be used by children under 18 years of age. We only process information about children with the consent of the parents or legal guardians.
How to contact us to exercise your rights?
You can opt-out of communications received from us through your online account. You can also correct your registration details through your online account. We will do our best to assist with any queries you have about your personal data.
You can contact us via our contact page at any time to remove your details. When you do so, please provide your full name, your preferred contact information, and a summary of your request. Or you can write to Hyer® Aviation, Torenallee 20, 5617 BC Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
We suggest that you check this page for updates, as we will update this policy from time to time.